Hélène offers a variety of full day workshops across Canada
The following are two popular workshops that are currently running:
Waisting AwayTM Weight Management Strategies:Empowering Health Professionals with Weight Management Knowledge, Research, and Practice for Health at ANY Size!
- Full Day Workshop targeted at Health Professionals who are not experts in weight &/or obesity management but work with people who would greatly benefit and appreciate positive ways to facilitate their health goals.
- READY TO GO practical, hands on strategies, tools and handouts to help your overweight/obese client/patients be healthier
Waisting Away is continuously updated with the newest research on obesity and weight management
The Future of Food
The Future of Food – Not So Simple Anymore!
Broad Health – A look at the future of food and health
- Future of Food: Being ahead of the curve to help your patients/clients: what is going on now in 2016 and what will 2017 bring?
- Food Trends: Protein adequacy with new research
- Future of Food: Salt, Sugar & Fat
- Intolerances: FODMAP diet, fermentable sugar-fibres, gluten
- Bringing back the low residues = no skins no seeds
- Chewing: the basic art
- Do we need vitamin/mineral supplements? What does the
research tell us?
- Translating science into practice: practical strategies to
- Weighing in on Weight: Mind, Mood & your Food, Looking
- Weighing in on Weight: Mindful Eating or Mindless Eating
- WWW – The Web as a health influencer
- APPS for health providers: the use of technology in health
- Privacy of online teaching – Skype? Phone? Email?
- Real-Life Case Studies
Hélène Charlebois, BSc, RD is a Registered Dietitian-Nutrition Consultant from Ottawa with over 25 years experience in helping patients/clients with weight management. She is certified through the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics as an Adult Weight Management Specialist at the Levels 1 & 2 and is considered a weight management expert. She is a member the Canadian Obesity Network, The Society Of Obesity, the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics, the Dietitians of Canada (past board member and past president of the Consulting Dietitians of Canada), the College of Dietitians of Ontario, Canadian Nutrition Society and the Canadian Diabetes Association.